Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's my sister's BIRTHDAY!!

Happy birthday, Em!! I tried to think of all the things I could post here for you and figured nothing could top Fievel. Friends, my lovely sister lives in Atlanta and on a sojourn to Chicago she and I bought the same purse. Hers black, mine bright orange. This prompted me to start singing Somewhere Out There, terribly, at the check-out counter. For you see, we would always be connected...in a sense. This of course embarrassed her greatly and she just laughed and shook her head at me, which is usually how our encounters go. A lot of laughing and ridiculousness, and I wouldn't have it any other way. If you happen to have a sister in your life I hope she is as wonderful as mine. I feel very lucky to have such a thoughtful, loving, and generous sister and I am especially grateful to have her as a friend. She always takes me straight to Chick-Fil-A from the airport. She makes sure to play "chick" music when I'm around because she knows that's all I listen to. She is the only person that I can talk to on the phone for two hours and still not have covered everything. She thinks it's funny when I reenact certain events from reality tv shows, even if her cat doesn't. She will sing songs from musicals on the top of her lungs with me on long road trips. And on said road trips, she will calmly deal with the outrageous excitement I exude when we get close to our destination. Happy birthday, dear sister.

Emily, I wanted to include a picture of Colin Farrell because you talked about him A LOT last weekend. =) This is my birthday present for you. You're welcome.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails