Wednesday, June 9, 2010

An artiste.


First things first, I have a special place in my heart for Miranda July. I remember when I saw Me and You and Everyone We Know, I walked out of there thinking what the f did I just see?! Kind of like when I saw The Squid and the Whale. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. And when I heard that Miranda July was coming out with a book of short stories, No One Belongs Here More Than You, I bought it immediately, in hardcover. That's some serious book lovin'. And how I loved that collection of short stories. I still reread some of them to this day and the book currently resides on my coffee table where I can show off just how culturally advanced I am. But seriously, some of those stories make me swoon EVERY TIME I read them.

Fast forward to an article I read on Flavorpill about her new installation. Well, not so new, but new to New York. You can see a few pics of the installation below that currently lives in Union Square in New York City and practically begs for people to interact. Above all, I think that's what Miranda is all about. If I can assert my own rudimentary critique, loneliness and striving for a connection is where, I think, Miranda truly excels.



{via)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails