Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I love scary movies.

{via}
I grew up on the classics. I've missed out on all the movies that most of my contemporaries have seen; well, mainly the comedies. Name a comedy, especially the gross ones, you watched when you were younger and I've probably never seen it. What I have seen are all of the black and white movies you've heard of, and probably some you haven't heard of, too. I used to rent these, or watch the taped from tv vhs,with my mom every weekend and those times still happen to be some of my fondest memories. Above you will find The Haunting. They made a pathetic and dismal remake of this perfect movie a few years back, but don't be confused, the original is where it's at. I don't think I've ever been as scared watching a movie before or after seeing this puppy. Watch it at your own risk.

{via}
This guy is Ten Little Indians, which was my FAVORITE Agatha Christie book. [I've also read all of those. I had a really dorky childhood, just quiz me on my musical knowledge.] I haven't seen this in years, and I have a feeling that it would be extremely campy, but just might be the nostalgic kick I've been looking for.

{via}
And then, Rebecca. Alfred Hitchcock. No need to say more. Other than, my Mom probably quotes one line from this movie more than once a year.

{via}
Aaaaahhhh, All About Eve. Not a scary movie, and not really suitable for this post, but it is the movie I watched over and over and over again. I love Bette Davis and thought she had conquered the whole acting thing better than most, especially in this movie. It doesn't get better than this. [See, I said it again. But really, this is the best.] "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night." It doesn't get more iconic than that. In fact, I became so obsessed with this movie and Bette Davis in high school that my drama teacher gave me the honor of assigning me a scene from the musical adapted from All About Eve...but there was no one to do the scene with me, so he performed it. It was weird. And this is embarrassing, so I will move on. I have a thing for movies, and I feel like I'm extra judgmental of modern movies because they really just don't make them like they used to. I am way too young to say something like that, but it is true.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

One summer I read Rebecca so, after I read the book, I watched the Hitchcock version of the movie with my sister. We still say, "Oh, dash it!" to each other in honor of Sir Lawrence Olivier. Classic.

justagirlLaura said...

I love it!! My mother always whispers "Jump!" at times that either make me laugh or roll my eyes. Probably both.

mlscanlan said...

I never knew you were such a fan of black and white horror films!
Have you seen The Innocents? (Also known as 'Turning of the Screw.')

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055018

One of the best/creepiest no-gore movies I've ever seen.

justagirlLaura said...

Ooooo! I've never even heard of that [uh, thanks for calling me out!]. I definitely need to check it out!!

Kelly said...

I just went to a Noir film festival that was great. We should discuss...

Related Posts with Thumbnails