Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm about to bag it up.



Here's the thing:  I can't bring myself to spend a ton of money on an evening bag.  I just don't use them very often and if you want to apply the pay-per-use formula for the looker in the last post, well... we'll just say I wouldn't come out the winner with that one.

And, if we're being completely honest here, I don't care as much about the bag.  Eep.  I said it.  But really, most of the time it just sits on the table while I'm rocking it out on the dance floor.  Yes, rocking it out.  They become so much more a utilitarian piece for me:  I need it to hold my iPhone, keys, cards, and lip gloss.  I'll take practicality of a bag before aesthetics any day, and I don't say that lightly. While trying not to be hypocritical, I still like me something pretty.  Life's about good compromise, right?    

Here are three options I found on the internets that are much cheaper.  Thoughts?  Feelings?  In my experience most bags that are cheaper, unfortunately, seem to scream so.  Do you guys have any go-to cheap purses that can also razzle dazzle?  What do you do with all the stuff you want to carry when your bag is so small?  Sometimes I feel like I'm not a real girl because I don't know what to do with the tiny purses.  These are my thoughts today.    


1 / 2 / 3

2 comments:

Taylor said...

you can only carry necessities (ID, CC & cash, one gloss and maybe a cell) My favorite is a totally cheapy from F21, I love that it has a hidden chain strap, after a few drinks it inevitably goes form clutch to cross body!

justagirlLaura said...

I'm so glad you have a cheapy, too. The hidden strap would be amazing because lord knows I'm not that responsible to hang onto a tiny purse all by myself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails