Friday, October 22, 2010

The weekend of all weekends.

So, this is it, folks.  The wedding is here!  I'll leave you all on a train later today to a fun and festive destination.  If I  haven't mentioned it here before [I'm pretty sure I have] I am a cryer.  I cry, uh, a lot.  Not in sad, depressing ways, I just am moved easily.  Yeah, I just said that.  Anyway, that's a whole 'nother conversation for another time.  I'm just sayin' weddings really get me going.  Especially when it's someone I really care about.  Just ask those that have gone before Katie; I'm a bit of a mess.  My goal is to look like lovely Liv above -- just a beautiful tearing up that doesn't require any squinchiness of the face or, god forbid, audible sounds.  But, more likely, I'll end up like the cutie pie below, only not as cute.  Squinchiness all around.  That is my lot in life.   


I am so excited for this wedding!!  I kinda feel like I'm getting married.  Hahah, what terrible words to say.  But really, I've been there through every stage of the process and I've never been known to be shy with my opinions.  Katie and I have only become really close quite recently, well the past year and a half or so, but I feel like I've known her forever.  She popped into my life at a time when I needed her most and I am forever grateful for who she is and how she's made my life so much better.  I am so happy that I can be present on her big day when she marries the love of her life.  [Mike ain't half bad, either]  Happy doesn't even begin to cover it.       

What are y'all up to this weekend??  I hope you have a wonderful time full of bon bons and steak dinners.  Can you believe October is almost over?  Yeep.  This year is flying by; I probably say that every year, but I REALLY mean it this year.

*The funny thing is that I know Katie won't read this until after her honeymoon, which makes me feel kinda like I'm talking to the air.  But I would be remiss if I didn't say it, even if only to the air.

**I am taking Monday off to recuperate from all of the festivities.  I am hoping to not be too distracted during the wedding by things that easily distract me [re: booze, boys, boogy (sorry, I was really going for the alliteration thing.  let's be clear -- I mean dancing)] in order to get some choice shots for this here blog.  I'm not promising anything because my eyes will probably be filled with tears and not able to focus anyway.  God, I am so chatty today.  What I'm trying to say is I prolly won't be here on Monday, but hopefully that means I'm taking my time putting together a lovely post-wedding post for Tuesday.  Jeesh, I'm done.  

4 comments:

D&D said...

this post made me laugh hard.

samantha ramage said...

i always find that if you are crying, most times others are too and will not notice you! i am sure you will look like liv!

xo
sami

Mallory said...

i hope the wedding went awesomely. i cry a lot too... and i definitely always look like the second picture. i can never manage a nice & refined liv-style cry. it's impossible. i'm going to be in two weddings in 2011.... i should practice my crying hardcore so i don't look like a fright during them, haha

Katie said...

I checked in with your blog the night BEFORE my honeymoon, that's how much I love you.

And you looked beautiful at the wedding, tears and all :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails