Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wedding week!

It's officially Katie's wedding week!  I cayan't believe it.  I was going to dedicate each post this week to something wedding-related, but then thought it would be excessive and unnecessary.  And didn't even get around to it on Monday, soooo.  So much for that. 

BUT, I did have to show you guys this awesome dress.  I love when a bride wears a dress that is so obviously her.  I know nothing about this woman, but feel like I know more about her just based on her wedding pictures.  And the pictures of her dress alone.  It's a bold choice to wear that necklace with this dress and it wouldn't work for everyone.  But it totally works for her, and you should all know by now that I like me a bold choice.

This is not why we are here today, though.  The most shocking and wonderful part of this dress is that IT'S TWO DRESSES IN ONE.  Oh.My.Goodness.  Be still my heart.  After the ceremony she took off what can only be described as tulle heaven to reveal a sassy knee length show stopper.  Way to go!  It's so sweet how she describes why she chose it and how she believed her husband would feel about it. 

But, that's not all... 


She then wore the skirt AGAIN the next day at brunch with a tank top!  This girl really knows how to rock it out and I tip my proverbial hat to her.  



[It still isn't as fabulous as Katie's dress, though.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves.]

5 comments:

Katie said...

Thank GOD you were with me when I went wedding dress shopping. That's all I have to say.

justagirlLaura said...

You're sweet, m'lady! That's still one of my most favorite memories ever.

samantha ramage said...

wow! love the idea of being able to use the dress multiple times! my bff's wedding dress is in a trash bag in her attic!

xo
sami

this free bird said...

I went over there and scanned the post and about peed myself. That dress and all the pictures were grand. I had to do a double take to realize all the different ways she was able to wear it. Brilliant.

xoxo,
Carrie

justagirlLaura said...

Sami, in a trash bag?! Ha, really??

I know, it's almost too good to be true, Carrie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails