Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dim Sum Plum.

I wouldn't mind looking down at my toes and seeing this purty color. I think it's a nice transitional color before it gets supah hot out. I've always been incredibly indecisive when it comes to choosing my nail colors. I generally end up going with something because of its name. They have the weirdest names! Can you imagine that being your job? I still think the worst name is Cajun Shrimp and it's really too bad because I love that color so much in the summah summahtime. (I would include links, but the colors seem so wackadoodle on the comp that I'm afraid it would scare you away forever.)

I always want to go get my nails done with my friends on beautiful days. There's nothing better than brunch and a little pampering, no? Honestly though, I generally end up sorta regretting it. Weeeell, not regretting so much as it makes me a little squirmy. It's just a little weird to hold a conversation with someone while two people in such close proximity -they're holding your feet! - can do nothing but listen. It ALWAYS makes me uncomfortable. I revert to lame conversation points and end up having a non-conversation, if you will. (I also hate it when people continue to carry on conversations when a stranger enters the elevator. Come on. We'll be out of here soon enough, let's not subject this poor person to the random ramblings of two twenty-somethings. It makes me cringe.) Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there will be more than one time this summer I end up at the nail salon with a friend or two, but I might just head straight to the magazines.

DISCLAIMER: If you're my friend and we've gotten our nails done together before, I love you very much and I will totally do it again.

5 comments:

Kayla said...

I love your blog. I just became your 5th follower!!! Oh and I just got a pedicure in this color. I love it. I highly suggest it.

http://senseofstyleiseternal.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

I promise we don't have to talk the next time we go to the weird nail place that's close to Broadway Cellars :)

PS--My nails are Cajun Shrimp-colored right now.

justagirlLaura said...

Thanks, Kayla!! I'll definitely check out your blog, too!

justagirlLaura said...

Katie, I always have nail color envy with you! I'm wearing your go-to Fall nail color now. What is it? ParlezvouzOPI? Or something. I took Spanish in high school, leave me alone.

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

Such a cute shade! Perfect for springtime with summer frocks and flowers in our hair : )
xoxo katie

Related Posts with Thumbnails