Thursday, July 1, 2010

I mean, I want to go to THERE.









My besties and I are trying to plan a day trip while I'm home this summer. It turns out all four of us will be in Atlanta at the same time -- hallelujah! Natalie emailed all of us this article from the NY Times about Serenbe and, with a little further research, I just about died. This place seems magical! Too good to be true. I would try to describe it, but I know I wouldn't do it justice, so I'll leave it to them.
Serenbe was the first hamlet built in Chattahoochee Hills, a 40,000 acre city with an overlay plan that calls for preservation of a minimum of 70% of the acreage. Serenbe’s founders, Steve & Marie Nygren and Rawson Haverty, have created an urban model promoting walkability and community living, with private residential homes (currently, approximately 170 residents), commercial space, art galleries, original shops, stables, and a 20-room inn with conference facilities. Serenbe has devoted 30 acres to farming—the Serenbe Farm is certified organic and biodynamic with a thriving CSA program and Saturday markets. The community is home to three thriving restaurants—Blue Eyed Daisy Bakeshop (the nation’s smallest Silver LEED certified building), The Farmhouse (which has received national critical acclaim in Gourmet and Bon Appetit magazines, and is consistently featured in local publications), and The Hil (owned by executive chef Hilary White, and has received national critical acclaim in Food and Wine magazine, and was named a Best New Restaurant by Atlanta Magazine and the Atlanta Journal Constitution). {via}
I hope, I hope, I hope we're able to get to grown-up Disneyworld because I just don't think I'll be complete otherwise. Like I said to my girls, I want to ride bikes, and drink wine, and visit the boutiques, and eat ridiculously delicious food. Yes to all of the above! And they even have a labyrinth! Who knew, Georgia? Who knew.

photos: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails