Thursday, June 16, 2011

Christina Romeo.




I stumbled upon this Etsy shop from pinterest last night.  Thanks, Holly Becker!  The colors are so striking and rich, and definitely right up my alley. 

Christina Romeo creates and sells original mixed media and prints that are not only evocative, but visually stunning.  I was immediately drawn to them and must say there are more than a couple that make me uneasy.  I hesitate to use the words "creeped out" but I guess it's the point of art (if I don't say so myself) to cause a reaction, to make someone feel. 

These pieces certainly do that.  And more.

In totally unrelated news: a Chik-fil-A is opening up approximately three blocks from my work today.  I never thought they'd make it to Chicago and, I have to admit, a small part of me is sort of sad that it is no longer my special, southern treat.  But it's a part so small that it ain't stopping me from waiting in line today for lunch! 

1 comment:

Bridgid said...

I love that first one a lot.

Related Posts with Thumbnails