Thursday, June 23, 2011

All My Bags are Packed.


I'm ready to... wait.  My bags aren't packed AT ALL!

If you've been following this blog long enough you know that I am a terrible procrastinator when it comes to packing and things of the sort.

Well, to be honest, I don't actually leave until bright and early Saturday morning (an 8 am flight might just be the death of me!), but I've already pushed off my tentatively planned (read: falsely concocted in my head) schedule for the week.  There is laundry and cleaning and packing, OH MY.  Fast forward to me frantically doing it all at 2:00 am Friday night/Saturday morning.

NO!  It will not happen that way (I accidentally forgot to type "not" the first time I wrote it -- foreshadowing much?), I tell you.  It will not.  Wish me luck, friends!

All of this is to say that I am GOING ON VACATION!  Halleluiah.  You see, my momma retired this year and as a celebration a cabin has been rented on the North Shore of Minnesota.  Last time I was there I was eight years old!  I'm looking forward to kicking back, relaxing, and even making friends with a canoe.

But, you see, that's where it gets difficult... for me and you.  I've made the gulp-inducing decision to leave my laptop behind.  I figured the fresh air would be immediately negated by my crippling need to plug in.  Soooooooo, I am leaving you without posts next week for I am neither prepared enough to pre-blog**, nor savvy enough to procure guest bloggers for you.  Ack!  I hope you can forgive me.

I promise to regale you with stories of chipmunks and deer and skipping rocks upon my return! 

What?  No takers?

**UPDATE: It appears I AM prepared enough to pre-blog!  If by prepared enough I mean procratinating more on the packing front.  However, for YOU that means you can check in next week, the Ghost of the Blogging Future will be sending posts your way. 

image credit: Garance Dore via pinterest

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails