Friday, February 4, 2011

World Cancer Day.


Did you know that today is World Cancer Day?  Well, it is.  A talented friend of mine works for Stand Up To Cancer and I want to help her out.  Do you want to help her out?  DO you?

In honor of World Cancer Day, Stand Up To Cancer will be running a powerful grassroots campaign to "take over" Facebook and raise awareness. To make a global impact we are calling on all Facebook users to share their connection to cancer in their status message.    

Participation is quick and easy! Visit WCD2011.su2c.org and fill in your connection to cancer (e.g. "my mother," "my sister," "John Taylor").  If you are personally in the fight, we suggest you enter the message: "I stand for the end of cancer."  The page will automatically create your World Cancer Day Facebook status for you and post it for all of your Facebook friends to see.

Doesn't that sound easy enough?  I think so.  I don't know anyone that hasn't been affected by cancer in one way or another and this is a simple way to raise them up.  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails