Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Have we met?

When did American Apparel start selling actual clothes?  I was in there yesterday to get a pair of leggings, what I thought was the normal thing to buy at American Apparel and I almost didn't believe I was in the right store.  I saw pieces of clothing that didn't consist of stretch, or primary colors, or shiny gold material.  Where were the unitards and weirdo skating dresses?  [They've been relegated to the back of the store.]  There was texture and lace and even zippers in the pants!  Excuse me?!

Iiiffffff we're being totally honest here, I certainly won't stop shopping elsewhere, but I was happy to see something other than basics and basic craziness.

What do you think about this new development?  Would you buy actual clothes at American Apparel?

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I noticed this when I was in there a couple months ago, and I ended up buying a lace top there. I have to say - it's a big improvement!

xo Marissa
(The Well-Appointed Catwalk)

this free bird said...

I noticed a little of this myself about a month or so ago. Totally caught me off guard and I tried a couple things on (which is a major shocker for me b/c it's strictly leggings in there. or a unitard. bahaha)

I might revisit and give it a whirl. Was a breath of fresh air from the crazy!

xoxo,
Carrie

justagirlLaura said...

Good to know other people have noticed how strange it is they now have clothes! I love that first top, someone should own it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails