Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Globes!

It was kind of boring, yes?  My favorite moment of the night, by far, was this:
If you didn't watch the show, Amy and Tina were nominated in the same category and this is Tina stealing into Amy's shot after they announced her name.  I loved it!

I also very much enjoyed Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy's little diddy they sang while presenting.  How did they manage to make that charming and not cloying?

Ricky Gervais was more subdued, but still managed to make me laugh a few times.  Some of the speeches were super endearing and Ben Kingsley's wife oooooobviously had some champagne and was feeling a bit randy.
Now!  Onto the dresses.  The most important part, right?

I feel like there was a lot of the same thing we've always seen.  (Doesn't Kate Beckinsale always wear that dress??)  Some good, some bad, and lots in between.

Reese Witherspoon looked like Jessica Rabbit and I loved it; newlywed looks good on this girl!  Sophia Vergara Pulled. It. OUT and no one could look away.  That woman could be the devil incarnate and nobody would care.  Even Tina Fey threw on some color and poof for the party.

In the interest of brevity, here are my three favorites of the evening:

First and FOREMOST, Charlize Theron.  DAMN.  She managed to look both ethereal and fierce all at the same time.  And usually I HATE the tiara, headband thing, but she managed to even pull that off.  I don't think she's ever looked better.
Secondly, Salma Hayek who turned into a disco queen for the evening.  I loved how her ombre hair mirrored the dress and she definitely stood out from all the rest of the ballgowns on the red carpet.  Well done, Salma.  Well done.  I want to wear this dress while lounging around my apartment. 
And, lastly, Octavia Spencer.  I'm so impressed when you see a real woman's body on the red carpet dressed so well.  The ruching was perfection and the color couldn't look better on her.  And she won!  Which made Melissa McCarthy cry!  I saw her interviewed and she said last year she was collecting money for a Golden Globes pool and this year she was nominated AND WON.  Stories like that make me so happy.
Otherwise, I don't see what y'all see in that Angelina dress -- it looks pretty terrible to me.  I was really excited Laura Dern won (she's SO GOOD in Enlightened!) and I thought she looked lovely.  Dame Helen Mirrin looked A-MAZ-ING.  Lea Michele looked like a forty-year-old trying too hard, and she is still posing too hard, too.  It's cringe-worthy.

And that's all I can remember at this point.

OH WAIT.  Diana Agron -- NOOOOO.

That is all.

What did you think?? 

1 comment:

Bridgid said...

It seems that Salma's dress is dividing a nation, but I don't understand how anyone could hate on it! It's so fun and unexpected, and she looks rockin' in it.

Re: Angelina, I think everyone was just blown away that she wasn't wearing a caftan.

Related Posts with Thumbnails