Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Makeup!

Okay.  I am not a beauty blogger.  Obviously.  I do, however, want to share with you this new find that kinda rocks my world.  Don't you want to have your world kinda rocked, too?  Dontcha?  (Now I have that unfortunate Pussycat Dolls song in my head.) 

I first read about this beauty balm (those in the know apparently call them BB Creams) on XOJane.  Cat, who is the most whacked out beauty editor I've ever read, showed me the light.  Seriously, reading her is like knowing what a modern-day Studio 54 feels like.  But then you get addicted (at least I did) and her stories are always the first I click on, if only because she lives a life SO FAR from my own it's like seeing the world from the other side.  She's my own personal rabbit hole.

ANYWAY.

Tangent.

Back to the beauty.  So, this Dr. Jart Beauty Balm (BB Cream!) claims to be MANY things in one.  [If it's not even true, I don't care.  It makes me feel like I'm doing amazing things in one fell swoop.]  This is what Sephora has to say about it:

A moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum, this all-in-one product also includes advanced brightening properties. Ideal under makeup, its natural looking coverage minimizes the appearance of imperfections and evens the skin tone. Antioxidant bio-peptides and adenosine protect skin from harsh environmental factors while restoring firmness and elasticity.

Okay, all that jargon aside, all it basically means is that it cut my morning routine IN HALF.  I used to use a serum (truth be told, I only use the serum when I'm feeling bougie and am near my sink -- this doesn't happen in any sort of regular pattern), moisturizer, sunscreen, and a powder/make-up base.  Now I wash, maybe use serum (if feeling bougie), throw on some of this beauty balm and I'm ready to go...   put the rest of my makeup on.  [Have I mentioned how I have a blush problem?]  No more waiting for the moisturizer to sink in before I add the sunscreen before I have to wait for that sink in -- you see what I mean?  

The BB cream plus some translucent powder makes for the perfect base.  It's not too oily and blends well with my coloring.  Disclaimer: I'm afraid this might only work for the fair ladies.  I am beyond the pale (who gets this reference?) and it works well for me.

On the not so nice side: I don't like the pump.  It isn't consistent and I wonder what will happen when it gets near the empty-side of things.  There is another version of this beauty balm on Sephora that doesn't have the pump, but sports a lower SPF.  I might go for that one next time and blame my future wrinkles on that damn pump. 

And, as a last (and possibly racist) thought, these BB creams are all the rage in and hail from Korea.  And we ALL know that Koreans have the bestest skin evah.  I'll take every and any thing they'd like to bestow upon me, BB creams very much included.      
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails