Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Holy Grail.

YOU GUYS.  There will be an auction for a pair of THE ruby slippers*.  As in, Dorothy's actual ruby slippers

If any of you really, truly love me you'd throw in a couple mil to get the job done.  Could you imagine owning these?  The little girl inside me squeals every time I think about it. 

The Wizard of Oz is one of my Absolute Most Favorite Movies Ever.  It never fails to entertain and always reminds me of my fabulous childhood.  I have so many memories attached to this movie: my first professional show (I was a poppy and Oz resident at Atlanta's Fox Theatre, thankyouverymuch), my college essay (before Joey Potter wrote hers, thankyouverymuch), not to mention the delicious caramel popcorn my mom would make whenever we watched it (gooey, not crunchy caramel popcorn, thankyouverymuch). 

I hope whoever ends up with these pretties appreciates them greatly.

Otherwise I will drop a house on them.



*please know more than one pair of shoes were used in the film, so the Smithsonian does have a pair that is on display** for everyone else in the world who doesn't have three million dollars to throw at a pair of shoes 

**on display at the Smithsonian unless they are out on tour, which OF COURSE they were the one time I found myself in DC

via refinery 29

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails