Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ready to Stand.


I admit it: I’m late to this game and shamefully so.  Not only was I aware of Chick-fil-A’s tie to anti-gay organizations via their WinShape Foundation, but I was also willing to turn a blind eye.  My only excuse is, damn, I loved that stupid fast food!  It reminded me of home and was delicious to boot (if you’re into that whole fried in peanut oil thing, which, frankly, if you’re not I don’t think we can be friends).  But that is the worst excuse in the whole history of excuses and if Dan Cathy can come out to say he’s “guilty as charged” then so can I.  I’m guilty of being a hypocrite and not acting upon my beliefs. 

So, here I stand to say that I, too, join the Chick-fil-A boycott. 

It must be done; I cannot knowingly support an organization that does not believe in equal rights for all human beings.
 

The Muppets were definitely a kick in the gut, but truth be told, Chick-fil-A lost my patronage when I saw this:
 

Lying is not a Christian value and has repercussions unlike any breach of the “biblical definition of the family unit” ever could.  You should be ashamed. 

4 comments:

Andrew E. said...

nice post.

justagirlLaura said...

Thanks, Andrew! It means a lot.

www.doestheinternetloveme.com said...

I shared your blog with everyone at my office - they love it! You're a celebrity

justagirlLaura said...

Aww, you are too kind. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails