Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Nutcracker!

Nothing gives me more holiday cheer than seeing The Nutcracker and I couldn't be happier that someone is willing to see it with me every year. [Hi, Katie!]  Tonight's the night and I couldn't be more excited. 

The Snow Queen has always been my favorite and I can't wait to see what the Joffrey does with it this year.  Who wants to bet I'll be teary-eyed? 

I'm a bit nervous because I've heard Waltz of the Flowers is a series of duets and trios as opposed to a large number, and I don't like when they do that.  Probably because I was always in the Waltz of the Flowers and the large number felt so pivotal to me.  There is so much build up in the music before that number and it only feels appropriate to see something grand parallel to the music. 

Whatever happens I'm sure I'll be filled with glee.  And more than happy to be that much closer to Christmas.  

images via time out chicago

3 comments:

Katie said...

I can't wait!

Britt said...

I LOVE the Nutcracker! Have so much fun:)

justagirlLaura said...

It was SO GREAT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails